- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), Associated Security Solutions Limited is the data controller.
- Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Melissa Barnett.
- What Personal Information do We Collect?
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- If you make an enquiry with us or request a quotation or other contact from us, we may:
- store your name, geographical address and postcode, email address and phone numbers in order to communicate with you;
- keep a record of any such correspondence;
- store information about your preferences regarding our goods and/or services and whether and by which method you wish to be contacted by us or third parties for marketing purposes.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your browser. They're used for many things, such as remembering whether you've visited the site before, so that you remain logged in - or to help us work out how many new website visitors we get each month. They contain information about the use of your computer but don't include personal information about you (they don't store your name, for instance).
We may collect information automatically when you visit the Website, using cookies.
The cookies allow us to identify your computer and find out details about your last visit.
You can choose, below, not to allow cookies. If you do, we can't guarantee that your experience with the Website will be as good as if you do allow cookies.
The information collected by cookies does not personally identify you; it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the Internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Website and your location.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer.
These links explain how you can control cookies via your browser - remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one:
- Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677for mobile versions)
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
These monitor how visitors move around the Website and how they reached it. This is used so that we can see total (not individual) figures on which types of content users enjoy most, for instance.
You can opt out of these if you want:
- Omniture: http://www.omniture.com/en/privacy/2o7#optout
- Google: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Optimizely: https://www.optimizely.com/opt_out/
How We Use Your Information
- The information we hold about you may be used in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to contact you by post, email telephone, SMS and/or MMS to inform you:
- of other products and/or services we supply which may interest you;
- of products and/or services for other companies within our group, which may interest you;
- of products and/or services from third parties which may interest you;
where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes at the relevant time your provide such information to us.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of https://www.associated-security.co.uk/terms.php and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Associated Security Solutions Limited, our group companies, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Storage of Your Personal Information
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Updates and Changes
Data Protection Act
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You can request a copy of such information by emailing email@example.com. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- Safe Deposit Centres
- Strong Rooms, Vault Design & Installation
- Safe Deposit Boxes
- Strong Room Doors
- Till Solutions
- Safe Locks
- Reconditioned Safes
- Bespoke Solutions
- Bespoke Steel Doors
- Access Control & Door Locks
- Air Tube Systems
- Cash Management Solutions
- ATM Protection
- Security Accessories
- Key Control